Hey my Loves 💜,
This comic is featured by our lovely Patron Lea @leafraskanderborg 💜
Not too long ago I was 100% sure I never wanted to have babies. I was determined I didn’t want to have a family of my own or be responsible for another human being. That changed for me, and if I -someday soon hopefully- get to a place where I am in a good enough position to feed another mouth, I do want to become a mom. In the years I bumped on to some stereotypical comments though.
There were people who claimed “I would change my mind”, “I’m a woman, so I’m made to make children”, “I’m still a child of my own, that’s why I don’t want a family”, “I will want them when I’d meet the right man”, “once you want them, you’ve got to have them immediately” and the list goes on and on and on. I can’t explain what DID change my mind but let me tell you this:
– There was nothing that influenced me to become a mother apart from my own desires.
– I AM a woman, but that doesn’t mean I’m MADE to make children. I’m made to live life to the fullest and enjoy the experience. If kids aren’t a part of that for me, then that is perfectly fine!
– I will always have my inner child that I carry along with me, because I feel that people who told me I’m still a child, refer to my humour, jokes, laughter and happiness. I won’t ever exchange that for anything.
– A man will never be the reason I’d have children.
– If in any way a woman changes her mind on having children or not having them, then no one should be judging her.
Children don’t define any form of feminity 💜
I love you all so much 💜💜💜